The Good, The Bad and the Applehead!
9 days ago
– Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 01:19:39 AM
Hey Soul Suckers!
We have Good News, Bad News, and Applehead.
Good News: We are currently sending the game chunk by chunk to BoDa, and they've started initial production!
Bad News: Due to a number of factors, games will be shipping out to backers in late May/Early June.
Now - at the latest April 4th: We send the game chunk by chunk to BoDa for proofing and manufacturing after final licencor approval. (Typically with licensed games and comics, things have to get approved by the licencor multiple times.) Every part of the game with Ash has to approved by Bruce himself. So it may take as long as April 4th, but approvals have gone faster so *fingers crossed*
Manufacturing: BoDa says production will take 6-8 weeks if they got all of the files on April 4th. But since we're getting them a lot of the files before that point, it will likely take less time. During this period we will be looking at proofs, ensuring quality control, as well as sharing pictures with you all of the game manufacturing progress! We'll also have sku lists ready to give to all of our fulfillment partners, so they'll be ready to ship out stuff the minute it comes in the warehouse.
Shipping: On the slow boat, games will take 2-4 weeks to get from the factory to fulfillment hubs. We're already looking at what we can ship out early (Comic books, bundles, posters, etc.) in order to speed up fulfillment. At this point we'll be having backers finalize addresses so you can be sure to get stuff shipped to the correct location.
Fulfillment: Once shipments arrive at fulfillment hubs in the U.S., UK, Canada, and Australia, they will begin shipping out games to you! This process can take from a couple of days to 1-2 weeks depending on how many orders they're fulfilling. (For example, we have way more U.S. backers, so it will take longer to fufill all those orders) After that it will all be up to local mail services to get your stuff to you. We have gotten extra of every SKU in case of damaged shipments and replacements, but with the great fulfillment partners we have, we hope those will be at a minimum.
- Approvals: 2-3 weeks
- Manufacturing: 4-8 weeks
- Shipping from China: 2-4 weeks
- Fufillment: 1-2 Weeks
So is everything goes swimmingly, the game will be in your mailboxes halfway through May. The worst case scenario (and that is if things get slowed down a TON) is that games will be in your mailboxes early July. The most likely scenario is that games will be getting to you in June. Which is still technically Spring 2017, but not April, which does suck. We want to have this game too! We're doing everything we can to get this game in your hands, and will keep you updated at every step of the way.
With that out of the way, the Applehead mini! We are adding some groovy extra faces to it and will share those photos when it's done. But in the meantime, y'all have been so awesome we didn't want to make you wait.
General Production Updates:
- Printed Parts for the game just need to be tweaked and color corrected and we're working with BoDa the next few weeks to make that happen.
- Mohammed is working on paint schemes, and we'll show those to you as soon as they're done (even if it's before 4/1).
- Mike Pasquale is hard at work cutting out dice, we'll be sending him Certificates of Authenticity to sign very soon. The dice and certificates of authenticity will be bagged together when they ship. All Certificates of Authenticity will be hand-signed, hand-numbered and likely possessed.
- Once we have those dice in our hands, we have a local laser engraver who will be working on them. If possible, we'll take some video so you can see the process!
Team Space Goat